May 13, 2019
St. Cloud, Minn. - The City of St. Cloud Parks Department and the Friends of the Gardens Advisory Board are partnering to welcome the Mayor of St. Cloud to the Gardens on May 14, 2019 at 10am to celebrate Arbor Day. We will be celebrating the addition of new trees to the Gardens. The gathering will start near the peacock enclosures in Munsinger Garden.
May 08, 2019
Alexandria, Minn. – The Alexandria Area Community Foundation (AACF) honored Fred Bursch and Kathyrn LeBrasseur with the "Ruth McDonald Award in Philanthropy" on Monday, May 6 at their Annual Dinner. The celebration of community and philanthropy was held at the Arrowwod Resort, Hotel and Conference Center with over 325 people in attendance.
May 02, 2019
Willmar, Minn. – The Willmar Area Community Foundation (WACF) is pleased to announce awards of $189,000 to 13 local programs. 11 of these programs were awarded from the 2018-2019 WACF General Grant Round. The three focus areas of the grant round were for projects that addressed the achievement gap for youth, increased community connections or welcoming diverse populations and to support productive aging.
March 12, 2019
Rockville-Cold Spring-Richmond, Minn. – The ROCORI Area Community Foundation announced today that their annual Community Builders Grant Round is accepting applications through May 1st. The purpose of this grant round is to provide funding for local non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations to advance a project or mission. Recently the Community Builders Campaign raised over $18,000. The ROCORI Area Community Foundation is committed to grant up to 80 percent of those dollars. The other 20 percent grows an endowment fund to be used for future needs in the communities served. Grants may range from $500 to $5,000. All applications must be submitted online at www.communitygiving.org/grants.
March 04, 2019
|St. Cloud, Minn. – CommunityGiving (CG) is pleased to announce that the Community Foundation for Carver County (CFCC) will be joining the organization as an affiliate foundation. As a philanthropic support organization that supports and empowers community foundations, CommunityGiving works with nine other community foundations and administers nearly 800 funds totaling more than $140 million and has granted over $106.2 million back into the community.|
March 01, 2019
St. Cloud, Minn. – The Women’s Fund of the Central Minnesota Community Foundation is seeking nominations for the ATHENA Award, a lifetime, achievement award, which is presented to a woman who, over time, has achieved excellence in her career and inspires others. Nominations for this award will be accepted until April 30th and the recipient will be honored at the Central Minnesota Community Foundation Annual Dinner to be held on September 10th.
January 31, 2019
ST. CLOUD – The fourth annual Women’s Fund Presents: Dancing with Our Stars will be held Monday, June 17, 2019 from 5-8:45 p.m. at the College of St. Benedict’s Escher Auditorium. This year’s event will once again feature a dance competition between six local celebrities who have been paired with a professional partner for a chance to win up to a $15,000 grant for the non-profit program of their choice.
January 18, 2019
St. Cloud, Minn. - The Friends of the Gardens’ mission is to protect one of the region's most precious assets and to secure the Clemens and Munsinger Gardens beauty and peace for future generations. The Friends generate support for the Gardens on a yearly basis and work with the City of St. Cloud as a public-private collaboration to ensure the beauty and overall grandeur of the Gardens is maintained and preserved. The Gardens have an annual operating budget of over $500,000, of which approximately one-third is privately funded.
January 16, 2019
St. Cloud, Minn. – The Norman C. Skalicky Foundation and the Central Minnesota Community Foundation are pleased to announce that the Charity Challenge raised a record $621,652 this holiday season to provide much-needed support to food shelves in the St. Cloud area.
January 10, 2019
New London & Spicer, MN – The New London-Spicer Area Fund (NLSAF) announces investments totaling $14,000 in their recent grant round. NLSAF awarded grants to eight local programs in the Northern Kandiyohi County area that support their focus areas of arts, healthy communities and lifestyles, environment, large-scale and sustainable initiatives, and special collaborations. “Our organization is pleased to support projects and programs that continue to strengthen Northern Kandiyohi and benefit our neighbors” says NLSAF board chair, Clark Vollan.