Brainerd Lakes Area Women's Fund Grants
Online Application Open: November 1st, 2022
Deadline: December 31 at 11:59pm - Decisions Made Within 90 Days of Deadline
In 2009 Brainerd Lakes Area Women’s Fund was established as a fund of the Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation. The Brainerd Lakes Area Women’s Fund supports innovative solutions to the challenges facing women and children that improve our community and positively impact the future.
What we fund:
- Capital projects
- New or expanded programs/projects
- Organizations serving women and children
Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities.
Geographic Area: Grants must serve women and/or children within the Brainerd Lakes area.
Funding Amount Range: up to $10,000 (Average grant is $3,000-$5,000)
- One time and on-going projects and initiatives that support the educational, economic, social and health issues faced by:
- Organizations that serve women and children
- Projects that support women and children in education,
economic, social and health initiatives.
- Projects and programs that provide innovative solutions to the challenges facing women and children.
- Projects and programs that improve our community and positively impact our future.
- Projects/Programs that support diversity, equity and inclusion. (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy)
What We Don't Fund:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes (Funding for Faith-Based Organizations Policy)
- Political organizations or political campaigns.
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Projects that have already been completed
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or Conferences
- Multi-year requests for Capital projects
- Submit application online using the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
- The Grant Advisory Committee will recommend applications for funding to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will make final funding decisions.
*Note - Organizations may only submit one grant application per year.
All notification about this grant will be through emails.
Payout of Grants: upon recipient of electronically signed Grant Agreement.
Grantee Required Documents: Grant Agreement, Progress Report, Final Report. Required follow up documents will be submitted through the CommunityGiving Grant Management System.
For question about this grant or the online Grant Management System, please call (320) 257-9715.